27 December, 2008
Xmas Knitting: Work Editions
Last year I knit loads for my family & Kenny's family, but this year I wanted to put the most work into my work colleagues. At some point I decided to try to knit for every single teacher/administrator/assistant at my school, and I so almost made it. It was fun, it was satisfying, but I have to admit, at times... it was stressful. I think I might take next year off from that particular kind of guerilla gifting.
In any case, here's what I managed to produce! Thanks belong to my little ones at school who got to practice modeling knitwear. You never know where that might take them.
1. Socks for Vickie
2. Socks for Sandy (yep, two pairs squeezed from the same ball! Luckily, one pair is a size 6. Teeny tiny.)
3. Scarf for Elizabeth: modular diamonds in a fancy Noro angora blend)
4. Scarf for Beverlee (a fiery Chevron scarf- so addictive to knit!)
5. Scarf for Mary-Lou
6. Scarf for Kristen (pattern is My So-Called Scarf, which for some reason I found really boring.)
7. Scarf for Nicole- longways Noro stripes, anyone? SO much fun.
8. Shawl for Holly (my 1st lacework, and totally a pattern I want to make again)
9. Cowl for Katie
10. Ballband dishcloth for Charlotte (see group pic above; somehow I missed taking an individual shot!)
11-12. Hat for Shannon (middle) and hat for Lisa (right). [I'm keeping the one on the left for now]
13. Beret for Angela
And somehow none of these got photographed, either. Boo.
14. Polymer clay bookmark for Ann*
15. Polymer clay fridge magnet Rhonda*
16. Polymer clay fridge magnet for Eve*
17. Pin for Claire**
*technically not knitted, but still handmade.
**I ran out of time/ideas/energy! Aughh! Oh well. Her sister is a knitter.
So, that huge self-assigned hurdle took up a good chunk of physic energy, albeit in a positive way. I loved picking colors for everyone, thinking about what they might like best and what they could actually use. I have to admit, though, once I was finished I sort of... didn't feel an immediate urge to cast on anything new. I've got the beginnings of a NaKniSweMo sweater that I'm lugging around, plus a super simple sock that needs a mate, but besides that... I think I'm going to take it easy for awhile. Plus, I may or may not have received a brand-new RIGID HEDDLE LOOOOOOOM!! for Xmas. So, you know, I might just focus (read: drool) on that for awhile. Joy!
at 4:19 PM