03 May, 2009

Back from MDSW...

...and boy is my wallet tired! Ha. Just kidding, I budgeted pretty well. I was ready for the onslaught of pretty and soft, after last year's maiden voyage. First up, the yarn purchases!

DSC07178
Lame-o colors in a really great yarn for an even better price: sock yarn mill ends from Cherry Tree Hill, soon to be overdyed. Muahahhh.

DSC07166
More of my favorite Acero, from Brooks Farm (soon to be a Woodland Shawl for my self.)

DSC07167
Finally found the perfect "midnight purple" blue to go with my goldenrod-colored Koigu. Mmm, the things they could be together...

DSC07175
Because I wanted to try something from Shelridge Farms last year, but didn't get a chance. Eh?

DSC07171
Loved the display mitten so bought the yarn! Lovely Green Mountain Spinnery. I want to work there someday.

DSC07182
These people (The Bransonas) were nice. It was close to the end of the day. Liked the colors. Probably shouldn't have bought more sock yarn, though....

DSC07185
Oh my god, splurrrrge! It was the very end of the day, and Holly was buying one... I love it I love it I love it. Isn't it pretty?! Here, you need a detail shot:
DSC07184
Oh yes, pumpkiny pumpkin deliciousness. Let's see, what else? Oh yeah, roving for needle felting projects with the kids at school:
1st big fiber purchase

And I got a mug and a pair of earrings from Jennie the Potter, who was nice beyond belief and with whom I'm totally going to do a last minute interview for my thesis chapter on clay-- if she has a sec. And we can't forget the lamb kabob, kettle corn, maple sugar candies and (though I'll admit it, pretty gross) soft serve with a peanut-butter flavored dip top. It didn't digest so well, probably cause there wasn't much real food in it.

So when I laid out all this new yarn to be photographed and dutifully entered into Ravelry, I realized something...
DSC07186
Hmm...

DSC07188
Why yes, I am a Unitarian Universalist, how ever did you know?

No comments:

I'm on Flickr a lot.

Jessica K.. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr