04 September, 2006

Ouch.

This morning I woke up early, about 5:30 am. It's only 30 minutes earlier than when my alarm goes off, so I decided to just go ahead and get up, maybe enjoy a nice cold bath (which is actually lovely first thing in the morning). I was laying on my left side, and when I began to lift myself up I felt a sudden twang in my neck, which shot pain all through my left shoulder area. It felt like a tendon got yanked, or something slipped out of place, and it's been pinching me pretty badly for a few hours now. Taking a bath was so difficult, 'cause it's so hard to hold the weight of my head up by itself, and I can't turn very far to either side. I lay in bed for a few minutes just whimpering. Dammit. This has happened before, and it will go away over the next few days, but still it feels kinda pathetic. I wanted to go to yoga tonight, and go buy a bike and then ride it back to my house, but without being able to turn my head, I don't think either of those things are a good idea.

I took ibuprofen and rubbed arnica gel on my neck, but I'm still in a lot of pain.

Poo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!

Are you ok Jess?

hopefully by the time you read this your neck will be better!

Don't be homesick! Just remember your faithful few reading and responding to this awesome blog! It makes me feel like i am still part of your life!:)

Love always
Joe

I'm on Flickr a lot.

Jessica K.. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr