08 April, 2009

MC: Day 3

After the slow but eventual success of my 1st salt water flush, I set out on a monumental day of IKEA shopping with my Mom, which normally would have left me tired and cranky and in need of a quick sugar fix. Don't get me wrong: standing in the checkout line inhaling the mouth-watering scent of those hot cinnamon buns was awesome. It made me really appreciate smell, and how satisfying it can be to just smell something delicious without needing to put it in my mouth and eat as much of it as I can get away with. A lot of taste is smell, and a lot of (my perceived) hunger is the desire for taste and texture, so a good deep appreciative inhalation might be a good thing for me to do when warily approaching my next "should I or shouldn't I" treat.

For my birthday present, my Mom helped me buy myself a two-hour massage at Massage Envy. My therapist was very, very strong, and I usually enjoy (no, need) deep pressure-- especially under my occipital ridge (top of the neck/base of the skull) to relieve headaches. Tonight, maybe because of the cleanse or maybe because I just did weight training 2 days ago, I felt flinchy and bruisable (and neither of those are real words, methinks). None of that is her fault, of course, and I'm sure my detoxification process is only benefited by the enthusiastic wringing out of my muscles. Now, though, at home with my hot tea and big bed, I just feel so tired. My eyes are so heavzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Day 4 brings a two hour drive to the mountains (!!!!) and a sweat-tastic contra dance at the OFB. I'm so excited.

1 comment:

BrownBerry said...

I can't type fast enough to tell you all the reactions I had reading these last two posts. Just know there were a lot of "uh huhs" and "ooooh yeah"s and "I KNOW that's right"s :)

Sounds like you conquered one of the traditionally tougher days with some productivity and relaxation - brilliant! Safe traveling today! Love to hear about any other physical effects you're noticing too.

Day 9 dawns well for me and reading this reminds me to keep my brain on high awareness today for tiggers, etc.

HUGS!

I'm on Flickr a lot.

Jessica K.. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr